Thursday, September 16, 2010

Missed Connection

Okay, day one of this whole blog-thing and I just keep coming back; I'm destined to be an obsessive, annoying blog fanatic, I can feel it. But this time I actually have something worth saying!

So, I tend to ricochet back and forth between the realistic and romantical. Despite my cynicism, part of me is an incurably romantic dork. And, as such, I read missed connections on craigslist. Fairly faithfully. Wow, that's painful to admit. Most of the time they're utterly stupid, it's true... but they're fun.

And GUESS WHAT?

I got one today! This guy who checked me out at Whole Foods posted one for me. I thought he was so adorable and I loved his glasses and we flirted very coyly and then I left and was all sad because I didn't even know his name and would never see him and all his cuteness again. But now we have reconnected... via missed connections... which is horrifically lame and yet maybe kind of cute, especially if we hit it off... I love funny little things like this.

1 comment:

  1. the douche-bag is married. people are disgusting, i detest them.

    ReplyDelete